Tuesday 23 August 2011

Preparation

Yesterday, when I went to the supermarket, I almost got carried away and wanted to start this new diet straight away. I resisted the impulse, and I'm glad I did. I am using this time wisely to do research, read about people who have followed this, plus get some recipes and meal plan. 

Preparation and organisation will be critical to the success, I think. Because the last thing you want when you are trying to stick to a particular diet is to come home and find there is nothing suitable left in the house (in which case my first impulse to decide which take away to call). 

Another thing is due to lack of time, I don't want to waste time trying to decide what I can make. So I want a meal plan. That should make things easier. I've got the basics - I will finalise it after a trip to the supermarket based on what I can find as I would really rather not make a special trip to some whole-food place, which would mean going quite a bit of distance away. 

But I must admit, I'm really getting into the spirit of this. There is a lot of interesting stuff I can make, and seeing as I am going to repeat certain meals per week, it will be more a question of narrowing down options. So far, so good. 

And the icing on the cake (perhaps, I should forget about cakes) is that I've a week off from work next week, so it's perfect time to start this, and try cooking new things, and most importantly, get used to eating a proper breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment